So far in the Power Baseball League, we have been talking about the system but we have not put any data in. Today, we will start to add some data! We are going to start with the basics of data import.
In this video, we will set the tone for the next portion of the series where will be recording 3 ways to get data in:
- Data Import: This is a great way to deal with our historical data. We are assuming that this data was previously managed in Excel. So we can use this to populate the system we have been creating.
- Forms Processing: As we discussed with Phil Topness, we are going to look at creating a simple Forms Processing model with AI Builder. Then we can build a Power App that will consume that model.
- Dynamics 365 Customer Voice: Finally we will revisit our discussion with Megan V. Walker to show how we can create a webform to gather data and bring in to Common Data Service.
If you are looking to do this in your own environment you can also review these Microsoft Docs:
- Classic Import (as shown)
- Maker Experience Data Import
How do you use Data Import? What data is your business currently managing in Excel that you can or should bring into CDS?
This is part of the Power Baseball League Series with Malcolm McAuley (follow him on LinkedIn, Twitter or his Blog). You can follow the series on the Power Baseball League Series Page and the Power Baseball League YouTube Playlist as they are added.
4 thoughts on “Power Baseball League: Let’s Add Some Data!”