As you get ready for UG Focus this week you should set up your CRM Trial. This is a great way to play with the new tools and features you are learning. However it can be a little bit confusing when you first create a trial so let’s walk through it step by step.
Where to Go
Start at the Dynamics Trial Site. This has you put in your email to get started. If you do not have a “work email” (it will stop you if you try to use @gmail) there is a separate Developer Trial Site. This will not validate the email so it is very helpful if you do not have a work email currently or if your work already uses Office 365 / Dynamics Online.
Fill in your details and click next. You can use whatever Organization Name you like just don’t go too crazy as this will be part of your CRM URL.
You will have to include a real phone number to verify your account before it’s created.
Save This Info
As your trial is created it will take you to a page of information to save. This includes the Office Portal Link and the username you just created (also don’t forget your password!). I would also recommend you save the actual address of the trial site once this is created. It is much easier to go right there and login then navigate through Office 365.
Record your details and then click Set up.
I Want it All!
Choose which pieces you want to include in your trail. You can pick all or nothing or anything in between.
Choose your options. Click “Complete Set up” and wait patiently.
You did it!
Now you are in your trial! This includes any modules you requested and even sample data to play with. Save this URL for future use, it should look something like this: https://.crm.dynamics.com/main.aspx (at least as of May 2018).
You can navigate to this link directly and login with your credentials or access through Office 365.
|Ready to use!|
Opening From Office 365
If you lose your direct link or want to look at some of the administration features in Office 365, here is how you do it:
- login at Portal.Office.com (Remember from the information to remember page)
- This will show you the list of apps you have, click on “Dynamics 365”
- Be confused for a moment because you are not yet in your trial. Do not click “Take a Quick Tour” even though it is tempting, front-and-center box.
- Click on one of the Apps listed (see screenshot)
- You are in your trial!
|Click on one of “Your Apps” to access the Trial|
Adding Additional Users
More than one person can use your trial. If you are not used to using CRM Online, it might surprise you to know that users need to be created from Office 365 not inside of CRM. To do that:
- Navigate to Portal.Office.com and login (or go back to that tab from our last adventure)
- Select the “Admin” app
- Under the Active Users area select “Add a User”
- Enter in the user details and choose which licenses you want them to have (i.e. Make sure “Dynamics 365” is turned on so they can login to your trial)
- Send out the username and password you created to your new users!
I hope this helps! Good luck on your Dynamics 365 journey!