One of the big events of September was Microsoft Ignite. There are lots of highlight blogs available for you to check out or you can even watch the recordings of the key sessions. I did not watch all the sessions but I particularly enjoyed this Demo of HoloLens with Lowes. So many amazing possibilities in the future!
Let’s jump into other blog news with some articles shared by PowerObjects:
- How We Get Marketing and Sales to Play Nice – with CRM as the parent in Charge – this reviews the common arguments from both sides and how CRM can help by providing transparent data and ways to better define the transition between marketing and sales as well as identify issues.
- Make a Field Required in a CRM Dialog – Use check conditions and child dialogs to effectively make a field required in this examle
- Color me CRM: Matching Theme and Logo Colors in CRM – This shows you how to quickly determine the right color for your navigation bar
Server-Side Sync is still relatively new so Microsoft produced a white paper on how it works. Check this out to gain a better understanding of the ins and outs of how your data is syncing.
If you are looking to migrate to CRM Online check out these Tips and Tricks from Dynamics CRM in the Field blog.
How to pick a partner is always a hot topic. There are so many factors to consider and things to keep in mind. Sonoma Partners offered some guidance in 5 questions to Ask When Evaluating CRM Consulting Firms.
Let’s finish things off with a few notes from CRM Tip of the Day:
- Add Variables to you workflows – this is a great tip to remove explicit references from your workflows by using a custom action to set a variable
- You can now use timezone in your appointments – you can now build logic to mimic timezones in Outlook
- Add the number to your phone call records – great usability tip to display the phone number in your phone calls and then use a workflow to append this to the subject to make it even easier
That’s all folks!